Services to Schools
A range of services are provided to your school by your local library service
School Book Grant Webinar
The Department of Education and Libraries Ireland, with the support of Children's Books Ireland, hosted a webinar in May for primary and post-primary school teachers on maximising the recently announced School Book Grant. We hope this recording will be helpful to anyone who couldn't attend the live event.
The webinar topics include:
- Assessing the school book collection
- The practical process of selecting a meaningful book collection for each school
- Reading lists and resources developed by the library services and Children’s Books Ireland
- Library services supporting schools
- Public procurement procedures
The Public Library Resource Guide for Schools below also provides information for primary and post-primary schools to develop and expand reading and literacy collections within the school setting. For information on the services and supports available to schools within your local authority, please contact your local library service.
Creating a Reading School Slides
Creating a Reading Space Slides
Select primary or post-primary school below to identify the partnered library for your school and find out more about the services available to your school.