Aptitude tests are sometimes used before an interview takes place in order to assess an applicant’s suitability to proceed to the next stage of the application process.
An aptitude test is a structured exercise used to determine the right person for a job by evaluating a candidate’s reasoning ability and likely responses to different situations. The form of the test and questions asked will vary according to the job requirements.
Below are examples of aptitude tests used for different types of job positions.
- Sample aptitude tests used for junior and middle management positions on PublicJobs.ie
- UCC provides useful test-taking tips and many links to sample tests
- Practice Reasoning offer some tips and sample tests for both aptitude and psychometric tests
- Wikijob provides in-depth information on how to best approach interviews, assessment centres and psychometric tests.
- SHL also offers examples for psychometric test